» Varya Rozhkova
"Sometimes you can’t explain what you see in a person. It’s just the way they take you to a place where no one else can."
One problem I’ve always had with life was that I always thought I would one day reach this unknown destination. I didn’t know when I would reach it, but there was never a doubt in my mind that I would be there eventually. It wouldn’t be “the end”, but it was a place where I would finally be content with my life. This destination is where happiness was constant and unbreakable and where everything finally made sense. Some part of me always believe that this was what I was working towards.
But maybe that’s the problem: we’re always striving for tomorrow. We tell ourselves if we work hard today that it will pay off in the future. That if we do our schoolwork that it will eventually lead to a job that we love. That maybe it’s okay if we’re unhappy right now if all these speed bumps and hardships lead to happiness one day.
But what if one day or this destination never comes? What’s wrong with being happy right now and enjoying what you do what right now? I think we come to learn that life is never constant; that there are highs and lows; speed bumps and smooth roads. If we keep allowing ourselves to think that everything we want is this far off distant thing, than it always will be. Seize the moment; seize today; don’t be afraid to have everything you want right now. Life was never about the destination, but always about the journey.
"COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people."
3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via expresswithsilence)
28) the way you articulate yourself is so refreshing
29) you have that “brighten-up-a-room” effect
30) you’re just really good to be around
31) you foster my growth
32) you’re really good at dancing!
33) i can share silence with you
34) You’re special
35) You bring out the best in me
If this isn’t an entrance to a fairy world then I don’t know what is…
Fairy Glen, Isle of Skye, Scotland, April 2014
"I think I sell myself short sometimes. I’m afraid to ask for what I want, because a part of me is afraid I don’t deserve it."